August 24, 2014

A few of my favorite dresses...


You never know when a seed planted will come to fruition. Two years ago, I contacted Donna Dowless, the curator of the Dresses show to inquire about participating. She already had a full roster of artists, but she gladly put me on the "will call" list. And then, due to unforeseen circumstances, the show had to be cancelled entirely. 

Instead of shelving my dream, I happily spent time creating a body of work around the Dresses theme.  I find that having a target helps focus my rabbit like attention. 

So, I find myself incredibly lucky to be included in this year's show, Dresses: Objects of Art, opening on September 18, 2014. 

The silhouette of the girl with a ponytail is an idealized image of the female form. There is an innocence to her. I have enjoyed pairing the silhouette with more complex dresses that have depth, texture, and a bit more womanly form. 

Fourteen artists will display their interpretations of the Dresses theme at Gallery at Avalon Island, 39 S. Magnolia Avenue, Orlando, Florida, September 18 - October 11, 2014. 

No comments:

Post a Comment