January 19, 2017

Encouraging Words...on their way to DC


Kitchen table activism. Powerful stuff. In January 2017, many folks gathered around the table in my home to write down their encouraging words to send to the Women's March on Washington. I am honored to bring their words, their hopes and dreams to share with other marchers who are compelled to act on behalf of women's rights and others. 

Mother Theresa's words ring true for me: "I alone cannot change the world, but I can cast a stone across the waters to create many ripples."

It is a shame that our differences on the political front tend to divide us. It doesn't have to be the case. We can and should learn how to disagree on principals without disrespecting one another, mongering hate and fear, or stooping to name-calling and bullying. 

In his farewell address, President Obama said "If you're tired of arguing with strangers on the internet, try talking to them in person. If something needs fixing, then lace up your shoes and get busy." 

I'll be doing my part to make some ripples with these encouraging words. 

No comments:

Post a Comment