February 01, 2014

Honk! Honk!

The front porch of my Cozy Palace. 
Welcome to my Cozy Palace. You can probably tell that an artist lives here....hand-painted sign, blue bottles hanging from the wrought iron and assorted sculptures on the front porch.


HONK IF YOU LOVE ART is my shingle hanging out front. And I do get a few honks every now and then from passers by.


Art lovers know that making a home of one's own means surrounding yourself with the things that you love.


The artwork of my friends fills my home with color, texture, wonder, and infinite pleasure. 

William Morris holds me to a high standard which I have not yet achieved... “Have nothing in your house that you do not know to be useful, or believe to be beautiful.”


I have a distance to go before my home is rid of my messy piles, but in the mean time, I'll be happy for the spots that shine with beauty! 


Shout outs to my creative friends, Karen BakerWilliam Kidd, and my sweet art buddy Robin Ambrose (1954-2006) for their art bling in my home.

How do you feather your nest?

No comments:

Post a Comment