November 03, 2016

Aqueducts Rising opens 11.19.16


Words every artist loves to say....."my first solo show!" This aqueduct series has been incubating for 10 years right under my nose. My inspiration is a poem by Antonio Machado called Last Night as I was Sleeping. You can read it here.

A friend shared the poem with me in 2006 and I was captivated by the imagery: secret aqueducts, golden bees and sweet honey, fiery suns...all set in a dream like state. 

In 2014, I turned out my first aqueduct inspired by Machado's words. This became a triptych that shows the aqueduct disintegrating, as if in a disappearing dream. 



This year, the aqueducts have appeared in my waking life, tumbling out of their own secret spring in my heart. More than 20 at last count. 

You can see this inspired series at Rabbitfoot Record Store Cafe on November 19 during the Sanford Art Walk from 6 -9pm. The show will be up through December 11, 2016. 

No comments:

Post a Comment